Home Decor for Spring
Spring is the time of renewal. This is the time of year when people all over the country began to wipe the pulp last winter, open their windows, and hang clothes on the line to dry. This is the time of year that is associated with cleaning but very little is associated with home decor. It’s sad there are several times a year when it’s more appropriate to decorate your home. Face it, for most of us, this is the only time of year we really like cleaning.
During the summer months we clean because children (young and old) keep track of dirt, mud, grass, and goodness knows what else goes into the house. Cleaning these days is a task, but we still managed to bring out patriotic colors and celebrate the American style. Kindness knows what all the extra cleansing is going on and almost twice the amount of lemonade and iced tea consumed every day. Still we managed to decorate and take great joy in doing it as if some cross rights had been achieved by our home decorating efforts.
During the Thanksgiving and Winter months we clean the house because we have no choice. Friends and family will come and they hope that our home is nicely decorated and clean. I have to say to you that this is a pretty achievement with the on-going holiday, but somehow we managed to cheer for Christmas when the others were around playing Mr. Scrooge in running mops and brooms in our room.
Spring is a time when our cleaning efforts don’t lack inspiration. But it’s also spring which often keeps us from decorating inspiration. Maybe we are too tired of all our cleansing efforts to find inspiration to decorate. If this is the case with you, then my hope is that some of the ideas mentioned below will help bring serious decorating inspiration to you.
1) Interest. Spring is the time of interest. They are all around us. Use fresh cut flowers and candles to create beautiful arrangement and centerpieces throughout your home.
2) Candles. While briefly mentioned above, they deserve their own place among the top five to say the least. Candles can be soothing, relaxing, refreshing, inspiring, beautiful, graceful, and just fragrant. Candles are very good, however this year, if you choose candles with bright spring colors and fragrances, you might be amazed at how precisely these candles increase.
3) Towels. Yes, I say towel. In your kitchen and bathroom, you need bright and bold colors that signal spring, birth, and renewal. These little touches can make a big difference in not only your attitude about cleaning and decorating, but also your attitude about cooking.
4) Aroma. While most people don’t realize that the fragrances we use in our homes are a type of decoration. It makes our nose happy to some extent, but also potpourri and candles often adorn in and of themselves. Take out the bowl of brightly colored and lightly scented balls, dried fruit, and other delicacies. Gourmet potpourri can be found in all types of gift and fragrance shops and is a rather inexpensive way to add a fragrant touch to the decor of your home and the smell of your home.
5) Fruit. Prepare a bowl throughout your house with fresh fragrant fruit. This not only adds another layer of fragrance to your home but is also visually attractive and edible. There are three checks in the ‘pro’ column for this simple decorative step and I have not found one in the ‘con’ column unless you consider the fact that it must be eaten before it is too ripe.
For those who need ideas and inspiration for spring home decor, I hope this helps. If you haven’t found some amazing suggestions above, at least I hope you will be inspired to find your own amazing findings for spring decorations.